
Walked all about the city. After the first 15 minutes I had to go back to the hotel and get rid of my coat. Broke down and ripped out the pages I wanted from the heavy bloody guidebook. Of couse it took an hour to get back to the hotel as I was already hopelessly lost. Walked the length of O'Connell Street twice. (I left all my money in the hotel.) Got lost again.
I've figured out that there are two reasons I get lost: First, I have no sense of direction. Second, I never know where I am. They don't believe in putting street signs in sensible places here. They post them on the second floor (oops, first floor) of buildings; that is when they bother to post them at all. Crazy Irish and their streets.
I finally found my way back home and celebrated with a Guiness. I've discovered it's too expensive to both eat and drink, so I must choose. Fish and Chips: €8.50, Guiness: €4, finding where I am on the freakin map: priceless. Cheers!
4 comments:
You've got the photos up...looks great! Keep them coming! (And go buy yourself some good walking shoes)
And a compass...damnit!!!
I agree with Stephiekins so get out that crowbar and buy some good shoes.
And translate that food money into good old U.S. dollars so that we can figure out how much you're going to end up drinking instead of eating. Don't forget, as you are tipping the nice lads or lasses, that your money would be going much farther if your (our) government wasn't so lousy at managing it.
I'm guessing that "Grump" is Andy!
Hi Andy! :)
€8.50 is about $13.00. Alice will bring me all I can eat at Denny's for $11.
Post a Comment