The service was pretty much as you would expect, with just a touch of latin thown in to give it that old world charm. One thing that was a bit different, they totally mangled the words to the Lord's Prayer. Here, I'll show you:
Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial
and deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power and the glory
are yours now and for ever. Amen.
Crazy Irish and their liturgies.
Next is an excursion ride on DART followed by a trip to the self service laundrett that I found yesterday in little Warsaw. And no Stephiekins, I'm not posting photos of me doing laundry.
2 comments:
What?! After all the work Stephiekins has put in at the house, you would deprive her of a picture of you doing laundry in little Warsaw. Shame.
That's o.k...I've seen him do laundry before. It's not all that exciting. Besides, I have incriminating photos showing the state he left the house in when he jetted off to distant lands! Maybe I'll start a blog of my own... (tee hee) :^P
Post a Comment